Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wee Wonderfuls Wednesdays!


Welcome to Wee Wonderfuls Wednesdays! For the next 24 Wednesdays I plan to share with you a project that I have made from the very fun book "Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love" by Hillary Lang. I realized the first time that I flipped through the pages that I would need to sew every one of these super cute toys.

Zoe's Olive doll
I found Hillary Lang's Wee Wonderfuls site when I was looking for a cloth doll to make Zoe for her birthday. I found "Olive & Archie: A Make-a-Long Story" and I immediately purchased and downloaded the patterns for 2 dolls, backpacks, felted sweater outwear & professor paws, snowsuits, knitted jumper & kercheif, knitted sweater vest, sleeping bags, and overalls & jumper! Cuteness overload! When her book came out, I knew I had to have it.


So here is the first project, the Ellie bag- a cuddly elephant you can wear as a purse!

I decided to use some super-soft pink minky that I bought when Zoe was born (!) and reproduction fabric for the inner ears and lining. It was fun to sew and see it all come together. It did take a little longer than I thought it would because there was quite a bit of hand sewing involved.


I used a belt from an upcycled felted sweater for the strap.


Zoe loves peeking inside to see what I've put in there.


Just her size!

No comments:

Post a Comment