Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wee Wonderfuls Wednesday! Haus Spooky Haus with lift-the-flaps

With October 31 just around the corner, I thought a little haunted haus was in order. This Spooky Haus (with lift-the-flap windows and door) is my version of Hillary Lang's Haus Sweet Haus from her book, "Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love."


The Haus Sweet Haus pattern really is sweet, like all the patterns in the book, and such fun to make!
















After deciding to make this a Spooky Haus, I started looking for just the right fabric. I found some black and purple batik fat quarters that I thought would be perfect for the main part of the haus. Then I saw this printed Halloween fabric and I knew just what I wanted to do.




My two little ones have been loving lift-the-flap books lately, so I thought I'd add some flaps to this Spooky Haus and showcase some of the cute designs of the Halloween fabric.


Zeke thinks it's hilarious. Of course, he thinks everything is hilarious these days. :)



Zoe loves the spider.





No comments:

Post a Comment