Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall Fabric Wreath

I SO needed a new fall wreath for our front door. Here is the old one, weathered and all sad-looking.



A friend of mine posted a tutorial for a wreath on her blog, Sunflower Seeds, that uses fabric and ribbon scraps. I sorted through my stash and came up with a fabric pile that I thought was sort of
fall-ish. Notice the coffee cups? Coffee goes with every season:)


I cut them into smaller pieces and chained them together. You can go here for her full tutorial.


Then I hot-glued them to a fabric covered ring and voila! A fresh look for the entrance to our house.


I almost got it completely done during naptime. Thankfully, Zoe snacked happily while I finished it up. I think this would be fun done entirely with batiks or Christmas fabric, don't you?


Nothing like a 75 degree St. Louis autumn, raking leaves in shorts and a tank top! We are soaking it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment