Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wee Wonderfuls Wednesday! Eddie doll PLUS Wes the Baby Giraffe

Since I did two posts on Evelyn (&Elvis) Inchworm, I'm going to get back on my schedule of 24 dolls in 24 weeks (from Wee Wonderfuls: 24 Dolls to Sew and Love) by showing you two projects today. The first one is the Eddie Doll.



I made this for my grandnephew's second birthday back in September. Doesn't grandnephew make me sound old?! It's funny, because he is actually four months older than my little girl! This was such a fun doll to make - a BOY doll for a change. (My grandnephew has named it BOY, by the way.) His pants are made from my boys' too small cords, and his shirt is made from a little T-shirt Zeke used to wear. But my favorite part about him is his fun fur hair.


When you shake his hair it stands straight up, like a little Rod Stewart. :) The other project is for a little grandnephew or grandniece due to arrive sometime in December. Wes, the Baby Giraffe stands about 10 inches tall, and has a neck that's just right for a baby's grasp.



I found this soft green and brown houndstooth flannel that I thought was quite appropriate for a giraffe, and would work for either a boy or a girl. The eyes and nose are embroidered and the horns and tail are braided yarn sewn on extra tightly to withstand little baby tugs.


Those green leaves are now orange and brown! How can it be that Thanksgiving is almost here?

No comments:

Post a Comment