Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back in the "Spring" of Things

Yes, it's been a while since I last posted - other important things (like moving and children!) took precedence - but I'm finally back at my sewing machine - Yea!!!

Because of Pinterest I have a mile-long list of things that I want to need to sew, and these Spring-y things caught my eye:

 
I saw the sweetest little basket on one of my favorite blogs, nanacompany.  I decided to make it up in this birdie fabric from Door County that I've been saving. This is a quick and fun project and would make a great gift with a little something in it (like, ummm, chocolate!)
 
 
This was made from the Mooshy Belly Bunny pattern from chezbeeperbebe. It's soft and mooshy, just right for a little one to snuggle, and it can be made from an upcycled T-shirt! I used minky on the ears to make it even more cuddly.
 
 
I couldn't resist making these mini baskets from another favorite blog, A Spoonful of Sugar.  They are made from felt (I like to use a wool/rayon blend) and ribbon.  They are fairly quick to make, and again, perfect for gift-giving with a little chocolate :) tucked inside.
 
 
 
Right now I'm working on a tote bag using Anna Maria Horner's Multi-Tasker Tote pattern and this great vintage fabric that came from a friend at our church.
 
After a loooong winter (for St. Louis, at least) I'm so happy that Spring has finally sprung!  All this new life around us is a beautiful reminder of the new life that we have in Jesus.  I love the words of this hymn that we sang on Sunday:
 


Life eternal! Heav'n rejoices: Jesus lives who once was dead.
Shout with joy, O deathless voices!
Child of God, lift up your head!
Life eternal! Oh, what wonders Crowd on faith; what joy unknown,
When, amid earth's closing thunders, Saints shall stand before the throne!

No comments:

Post a Comment